Exciting opportunity to own a sophisticated top floor condo residence in the heart of Alamo Square, featuring light-filled spacious rooms, exquisite period details and thoughtful modern upgrades only steps from the iconic Painted Ladies. Built in 1903, this gorgeous three-unit Queen Anne Victorian embodies quintessential San Francisco architecture with its continuous gable roof, gold facade ornamentation, beautiful stained glass, and the most charming “peek-a-boo view” of the Golden Gate Bridge through the trees of Alamo Square from the front steps of the building.
642 Steiner boasts a flexible floorplan and unique blend of Victorian period charm paired with stylish contemporary improvements. It features 3 bedrooms (plus den), 2 bathrooms, a large deeded outdoor space accessed by the kitchen, and soaring coved ceilings with tall windows that flood the residence with natural light. A gracious entryway stairwell and hallway greet you as you enter, leading to a formal front entertaining room with a custom built-in window seat nicely situated for people-watching and gazing at Alamo Sq. and the hills beyond. Follow the corridor past the bedrooms to a comfortable family area that can easily be used as a formal dining room, adjacent to the beautiful expansive eat-in kitchen with wine fridge and laundry. The kitchen provides direct access to the spacious outdoor deck creating an ideal flow for entertaining and everyday living. Wonderfully preserved period details, wainscoting and original woodwork have been thoughtfully maintained and are complimented with contemporary light fixtures, modern (decorative) fireplaces, custom draperies and carpet, Air Conditioning and ample storage by way of custom built-ins and closet systems. The garage offers extra deeded storage and 1 car parking.
This spot is hard to beat, situated right off Alamo Square with excellent commuting options including tech shuttle stops, and easy access to the neighborhood amenities of vibrant NOPA and Hayes Valley.
- Top floor condo in 3-unit Victorian building
- HOA Dues: $344 / month
- Built in 1903 and designed by architect Henry Geilfuss
- 3 spacious bedrooms + den
- 2 bathrooms, 1 en-suite master
- Flexible floorplan with option for formal dining room
- Thoughtfully preserved Victorian period details and charm
- Contemporary improvements throughout, including light fixtures and 2 modern decorative fireplaces
- Custom upgrades, built-ins and closet solutions by architect Norman Askins and designer Lauren Weiss
- Owners added heating, AC, boiler, refrigerator, W&D, and wine fridge
- Large deeded outdoor deck with storage shed and roof rights
- 1-car parking and extra deeded storage in garage
- A++ location, situated right off iconic Alamo Square with access to neighborhood amenities of vibrant NOPA and Hayes Valley
- Walker’s & Rider’s Paradise: Walk score 94 // Transit Score 94
- Saturday April 27th from 11:00AM – 1:00PM
- Sunday April 28th from 2:00PM – 4:00PM
- Tuesday April 30th from 11:00AM – 12:30PM
- Wednesday May 1st, from 5:00PM – 6:30PM
- Sunday May 5th from 2:00PM – 4:00PM
- Tuesday May 7th from 11:30PM – 1:00PM